GEICO provides you Flood insurance policy which is beyond the coverage of normal homeowner’s insurance policy. This insurance policy protects you from various types of water damages which may be caused to your property which includes damages like heavy rain, melting snow and coastal storms, cyclones etc. Water is available in pools of your house even though you don’t leave near coastal region. Even heavy rains can cause water slides. But not every place or homes has pools so hence you need to decide whether you want to buy flood insurance policy or just want additional protection for the property you are leaving in. GEICO can help you to insure with flood policy investment which is referred by National Flood Insurance Program. A flood is dangerous condition which can harm or wipe out your property with intensive damage. It is defined as general and temporary condition where two or more acres of normally dry land or two or more properties are filled up with water or mud flow which is unbearable and property owner cannot deal with it.
Things are Covered in GEICO Flood Insurance Policy
- This insurance policy provides you coverage for both personal property and structure of home in case of damage.
- Critical systems that keep your home in running condition and your foundation of home is covered also personal belongings and flooring are covered unless they are in basement.
- The personal property and structure coverages are usually having separate deductibles and limits, so you need to get proper details about them whenever you are going to apply for policy. So, we hereby suggest you contact 800 841-2964 for more detail of policy and any other information.
- In basement there is limited coverage. The items used for servicing residence are covered which may include following things like
Wall finishing and carpeting are not covered nor in basement neither in personal property.
Who needs flood insurance?
If you are leaving in area which has high risk of floods then requirement of flood insurance is must. You can check your address and locate whether you are in high risk zone or low risk zone so you can get flood insurance if it is necessary for that you have to just visit following link https://msc.fema.gov/portal/search and enter your address there.
Even now days floods occur anywhere even outside the high risk zone if your house is not located on coastal region still you need to think about flood insurance policy most of home owners insurance policy do not cover flood damage.
Water during floods doesn’t wait to enter in your property so you should also not make delay in taking decision on one of best flood insurance policy.
Why to choose GEICO flood insurance?
- GEICO provides you big coverage with small premium.
- They are backed by federal government.
- They provide coverage for damage which is not covered by homeowner’s insurance policy.
- Rates of policy are designed as per your specific area.
When should you buy flood insurance policy?
You should buy flood insurance policy before flood risk is approaching to you. Many of the flood insurance policies requires 30 days waiting period before insurance coverage is effective.
How to apply free for GEICO flood insurance policy quote?
- Firstly you have to visit https://www.geico.com/flood-insurance/ on this web page you have to scroll down and click on start quote option.
- Then you will be directed on other page where you have to click on instant flood quote option.
- Then you have to answer the questions for verifying your eligibility for instant quote. Here you have to answer some questions like:
- What kind of home do you live in?
- Is your home over water?
- Building purpose?
- Is this your primary home?
- Are you renting this home?
- Are you aware of any food insurance claims that have been reported for this home?
- You have to select one option for each question and have to answer them.
- After that you have to click on continue option.
- Then you have to select your desired flood coverage limit which include 2 options
- Building and contents
- Contents only
- After that you have to click on tick mark box of I have read and agree to replacement cost information you can also modify them before you click on continue as per your desire.
- Then on next page you have to enter your property address, postal code, city, state after that click on continue option.
- Then you have to enter details about your home foundation, additions and extension coverage, Attached garage details if you have, number of floors, year of home built, Date you purchased property, Use of building etc. Then you have to click on continue option.
- Then you will get information about your premium for flood insurance policy coverage.
- You need to click on continue and decide when to start policy which depends on you.